Good News on a Dark Day
There are times in this life that darkness seems to be the dominating force. In those moments, it seems increasingly more difficult to find the light. Challenging circumstances weigh us down, hatred and anger seemingly abound, and it sometimes feels impossible to imagine a day when everything will be 'okay' again.
There is goodness in this world; a reminder we all need form time to time. In response to some of the tragedies we have seen lately, here are some recent positive headlines to brighten your day. These are not to diminish or water-down the recent events, but merely to offer some relief to anybody it might benefit:
- A woman who was severely injured with a bullet to her brain in the Las Vegas shooting returns home to her family today. She is considered by many as the 'miracle mom.'
- Prince Williams is finally embracing his baldness by sporting a brand new haircut....a shaved head.
- A Disney World security guard asked a little girl dressed as a princess for her autograph to make her feel special.
- Discussing his victory on the “Ellen” show, Nick Foles (Superbowl Champion) shared the role that failure and faith played in bringing him to that game.
- A man asked for 10 volunteers to shovel snow for seniors. About 120 people showed up, many with shovels, ready to work.
- Single dad walked 11 miles to work every day - Until his coworkers found out; last week, they surprised him with his first car.
- After 60-year friendship, these 2 men find out they're biological brothers
- Man surprises girlfriend with romantic wedding 20 minutes after getting engaged. "With her condition [lupas], I knew there was no way she was going to be able to plan a wedding,'' Rios told TODAY. "When the time came when I knew I was going to propose, (planning a wedding) almost came naturally."
- We have a God who died for us.
"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." - Iain Thomas. Let us not forget that there is good in this world, and the source of that goodness is from God. Life is hard and any people can stand witness to this truth. Jesus is greater than every hardship; he is victorious over every pain. I pray that during these seasons of hurting and pain we will align ourselves with the goodness of God; we should long for the day when our craving for meaning will be fully and finally satisfied in God himself.
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. (2 Corinthians 4:8–10)